Singapore has long been lauded as one of the best cities in Asia, if not the world, to live in. The secure and safe environment coupled with its robust growth and developed infrastructure cements its high ranking in most leading reports on quality of living. These factors among others make Singapore highly attractive for individuals to set roots in.
Citizenship application anywhere remains a big life decision and it is no different for Singapore. It is highly beneficial for individuals to make well-informed decisions by understanding in totality the pros and cons of becoming a Singapore citizen.
To have a comprehensive review on taking up Singapore Citizenship done for you free of charge, call us at +65 6493 1830.
There are several benefits of becoming a Singapore Citizen, most notably:
Hassle-Free Travel with a Singapore Passport
Around the world, Singapore Passport holders have very few travel restrictions. With liberal visa requirements to many countries, it is also common knowledge for immigration counters worldwide to clear Singapore passport holders swiftly.
Embark on World Class Education
Citizens enjoy lower fees across educational institutions when compared to foreigners or PRs. Additionally, the government has also introduced a slew of education initiatives that benefit students monetarily for both academic and non-academic activities. These schemes maximizes opportunities for all Singaporean students.
Health-Care, Employment and Housing Rewards
In land-scarce Singapore, citizens have considerable benefits in terms of purchasing property and various reliefs and advantages in areas of medical services. Where employment is concerned, companies based in Singapore, in both the private and public sectors, strongly employ Singaporeans and PRs before foreign talents.
To have a comprehensive review on taking up a Singapore Citizenship done free of charge, call us at +65 6493 1830.
To be eligible for Singapore Citizenship one must be:
- At least 21 years old and has been a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) for at least 2 years
- A spouse of a Singapore Citizen who is currently a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) and married for at least 2 years
- A child born outside Singapore whose parent is a Singapore Citizen
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, the following are critical when considering a Singapore Citizenship:
- Track record of living in Singapore while you were a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
- Strong character references and clean criminal record
- Strong and sustained community involvement
- Possess strong financial indicators that support a long-term intention to stay in Singapore
- Ability to generate income for you and your family either as an employee or a business owner that creates jobs and opportunities