News & Articles

20% promo banner -32

How can a Singapore permanent resident (SPR) go for a gap year (travel purpose) without losing the SPR status?

How can a Singapore permanent resident (SPR) go for a gap year (travel purpose) without losing the SPR… by Elena Kwa

Answer by Elena Kwa:


No issue with the gap year. The PR is valid with the Re-Entry Permit (REP) for 5 years and it will not be revoked as long as you remain employed to a Singapore-registered entity most of the time; and at the time of renewal; and renew your REP before expiry in 5 years. If you are not employed (say, due to studies overseas) at the time of renewal, you may attempt to renew your REP (online e-services are available) and may state your circumstances. ICA is typically lenient to PRs furthering studies.

For more information, you may refer to

IASG | Apply Singapore PR | Singapore PR Application


Immigration@SG LLP

Author: Immigration@SG LLP

Immigration@SG LLP (IASG) is a Singapore immigration consultancy firm providing comprehensive services and solutions for businesses and individuals. Our team comprise of professionals with more than 20 years of experience in Singapore, with close working relationships with government agencies. Our in-depth knowledge of Singapore immigration laws, as well as extensive experience with immigration cases, allow us to offer our clients a sound and strategic immigration advice, with full compliance to the local laws and regulations. Visit our website ( in order to get more information about our services.

Leave a Reply

Contact us for a FREE consultation!
Or call us at:
+65 6493 1830

Latest Post

Company Info

Immigration@SG LLP
1 Raffles Place
#26-02, One Raffles Place, Tower 1
Singapore 048616

General Enquiries:
+65 6493 1830

PR & Citizenship Consultation:
+65 6493 1830

Work Pass Enquiries:
+65 6493 1825

Mondays to Fridays, 8.30am to 7pm
Saturdays, Prior arrangements necessary

Latest Post



20% promo banner -32